Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 54

Another week......
Oh boy.....where to begin.

Monday: Pday.....Sister Wahlquist bought a Dirndl and we had our end of the transfer Dirndl and Lederhosen party. Super special. We had the genius idea to pick up all the sisters.....Sister Diethelm dropped me. 

Dirndl and Lederhosen party!
Tuesday: We went through the whole ward list with Sister Lindgren. Let me tell you! That was quite the task! I was pooped by the end. Then we went to visit a member who lives in an old folks home. Sister Wahlquist and I had a good 20 minute conversation with who we thought was the member. She was really hard to understand and kept taking her dentures out but I thought she said some things about the church so I ASSUMED it was her. We went home and looked through our book with pictures of ward members and it totally wasn't her! haha! Well at least we made some one happy. Not sure who.....

I gave the bunny suit a try!
Wednesday: We went to a Funeral with the Elders. A less active from our ward passed away. The funeral was pretty short and then afterwards the son invited us to bakery and he bought us all food and drinks. It was so kind. That night we had institute. Since the Lindgrens were in Coburg, Sister Wahlquist and I were in charge of getting the food ready. Luckily all we had to do was heat it up. 

Thursday: We did service at a member's home. In return she made us delicous food. Pretty fair trade I would say. We also visited with a new member from our ward. She is the one that we thought was a golden investigator but turn out she is an endowed member. haha! But now her records our in our ward. Woohoo! She is so lovely! 

MTC group at the conference in Frankfurt
Friday: We left at 7:30 am to travel to Frankfurt. The whole mission met in the Frankfurt Stake center. We had about 2 hours until the meeting began so I just talked to missionaries I haven't seen for a long time. It was really fun! Then we had our conference with Elder Ballard. He talked a lot about having a good attitude about missionary and smiling and looking people in the eyes. All good things. He also said that there are people here in Germany prepared for the gospel. It reall pumped me up and made me want to be an even better missionary. I feel like my spiritual battery was recharged! Then we went to hauptbahnof and ate dinner. Then we took a bus back to Nürnberg. We didn't get home until 11pm. Totally worth it!

The bus ride back from Frankfurt!
Oh and guess who is being trained in Feucht! Sister Ferris from Spokane Washington!!! Such a small world. It was fun to talk to her about all the same people we know! It will be fun to get to know her a little better since we are serving so close to each other!

Saturday: um.....maybe I just want to forget this day.....

Sunday: I gave a talk in church. Super special. I wrote my talk out and I was chugging through it and then I was about done with what I had prepared and I looked at my watch and I had only been talking for 5 minutes hahaha! It feels a lot longer when you are speaking in another language! So I just rambled for the next 5 minutes! woohoo! Yay for talks that don't really make sense! I am pretty sure the ward thinks I am crazy! 

MTC comps together again!
Well...I think that accurately describes my week. I am ready for a new week! I am doing really well and I love being a missionary. I love sharing this gospel and to be able to share my testimony every day. What a special experience! 

I love you all!!! Hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment