Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 53

I have officially been on my mission for a year!!!! Woohoo! Where did the time go? I don't even remember what life is like not being on a mission haha! Oh boy....I will probably be a really awkward return missionary. Not sorry about it! I definitely ate some Eis on my year mark. Delicious.

Year mark pic!
Last pday we went to the Nürnberg Volksfest which is like a little carnival type thing. We did some bumper cars. I don't know how to drive anymore....oops.

Bumper cars!
Also a few of us went through this fun house thing. Lot's of spinny things and such. I almost puked and then at the end you go down a slide. My grandma shoes have too good of traction and so some how I got turned around in the slide and I ended up coming out head first and backwards. I have never feared for my life so much. Luckily there was like a padded landing. When Sister Diethelm saw me come out she almost peed her pants from laughing. It was a really fun pday!....even if we couldn't go on any roller coasters :)

At the Volksfest.......We made it through the fun house alive!
I have decided that missionary work is a struggle during summer break. EVERYONE is on vacation and no one wants to meet with us......oh special times. But we had a lot of really good appointments with some ward members. I am really growing to love this ward. There are a lot of really great members here.

Sister pic at the Volksfest
We also had transfer calls on Saturday.

Transfer call breakfast!!
Sister Wahlquist and I are staying together in Nürnberg and so are the elders. This will be their 5th transfer together. WOW! That's a long time. Good thing they like each other haha. Sister Diethelm was transferred to Mannheim, a city in another zone! I will miss her. Sister Gardner is training! And Sister Hamner is coming to Coburg!!! yay! she will be my sister training leader. So excited to see her!!!

I love winning bets for transfers!
This week we will be traveling to Frankfurt for a mission conference. Yep....the WHOLE mission will be there. Elder Ballard will be speaking to us. I am so excited for it and to hear what he has to say to us. Probably the only time I will hear from an apostle on my mission. Stoked!

We cleaned chairs at the church for a service project!
Thank you all for the emails and for the support. It has really meant a lot to me. Especially for a whole year. I have been reflecting a lot on this past year. I have learned so much about myself and about my Savior. I have learned to turn to god when things are hard. One of my favorite scriptures is in 2 Nephi 22:2. It says "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." The Lord has truly become my strength.

We taught indexing at institute and Andreas was the only one who showed up.
YAY! haha! so we had an indexing party......
I love you all! Hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment