Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week 52

It may be kind of sad to say but I think the most exciting thing that happened to me this week is that I got food posioning. haha! This week I got to go on a split with Sister Diethelm to Feucht. So much fun!!! I miss Feucht a lot! 

On my split in Feucht!! Janis is so awesome!!!
But we went to an eating appt. with the elders. Let's just say......we ALL got sick. Let's just say.....Sister Diethelm and I had a rough night. The next morning we were supposed to give a lesson in zone training. We didn't think we were going to be able to do it. But all went well. 

those who suffered from food poisoning......
We survived our thema......so sick......
We gave our "thema" (sorry I literally cannot think of the equivalent english word) on zone unity. We made everyone a headband and we named our zone the "Nürnberg Nephites." Kind of cheesy but so awesome!!! It kind of felt a little like girls camp. But I am not sorry about it. We all looked so legit with our headbands. We luckily made it through zone training without any problems but afterwards Sister Gardner and Sister Wahlquist went to our appts while Sister Diethelm and I were confined to the apartment. 

Elder Nilson and I are homies!
Our district after zone training with our cool headbands!
We also helped with a street display in Bayreuth on saturday. There were a lot of missionaries there helping and it was really successful. I always loves talking to the other missionaries at the end about some of the rudest people we encountered. I said 'Guten Tag' to one man as he walked by and then he proceeded to hiss at me like I was some cat that he could scare away.
So funny! People are funny! 

Sister Wahlquist and I on the way to Bayreuth.
In Bayreuth!
This dinosaur was right in front of our street display....
But one thing really hit me as I was talking to complete strangers in Bayreuth who where sometimes really rude to me. I am so grateful for my knowledge of this gospel. My testimony is strengthened so much whenever I have the opportunity to introduce someone to the Book of Mormon. Even if they aren't the nicest to me. I feel so blessed to be able to share my testimony daily! I am so grateful to be a member of this church!!

Our zone! Nürnberg Nephites!
Well....I hope you all have a fantastic week. I will be hitting my year mark on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so crazy!! One year! Time is flying by!!!
Trying to soak it all up!

Love you!!
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment