Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 42

I am officially a Nürnberg sister!

This Bilboard is all over right now......
We tried to recreate it with Nutella!
It is so weird serving in an area that I was so close to for the last 6 months.
But I really do love it here!

We had a big Lederhosen and Dirndl party for our last pday of the transfer!
I spent the first few days of the week saying goodbye to some ward members of Feucht. And of course packing....my favorite. Luckily I didn't have to worry too much about fitting everything. Sister Diethelm let me use one of her suitcases! yay!

Saying goodbye to the Fahl Family!
They had the genius idea to lift me up....Sister Diethelm totally dropped me on the cement haha!
Goodbye Ackermann Family!!!!!!
I officially moved in on wednesday! Maybe the apartment was a disaster and I had to purge before I could unpack haha! Sister Hansen and I made like 4 trips down to the dumpster. Oh sister missionaries.....

Transfer day!!!
I seriously love it here. It is so different from Feucht. I think we taught more lessons in the first two days that I was here than we ever did in a week in Feucht. Just a little faster pace in a bigger city. We also have a lot of english speaking investigators. So weird! I am learning how to teach in Enlgish. Praying in english is seriously the hardest thing haha! But I love it. 

First day with Sister Hansen!!
Sometimes people have a hard time saying Madsen and Hansen
so we have decided that we are Sisters Mansen!
We also have a senior couple that we work with, the Lindgrens! They are seriously the most legit senior couple I have worked with. And we also have the zone leaders here. Elder Allen from Provo, Utah and Elder Ward from Australia. They are awesome! I really enjoy working with them!

The Nürnberg church!!!
We had a street display on saturday. Sister Hansen and I were exhausted by the end. Something about dealing with crazy people that just kind of wears you out. Plus I was contacted by two Jehovah Witnesses at OUR street display. He was actually really rude to me. After he left Elder Lindgren was like "You are two of the bravest women I know." Oh, he is so nice! 

Street Display!!!
This week we have our very last zone conference with President Schwartz. He goes home on friday. It is really sad! President Schwartz is such a good man. He will be greatly missed in the Frankfurt Mission. Then next week we have a zone conference with our new mission president President Stoddard! I am excited to meet him.

Elder Allen....
Elder Ward.....
I am so grateful to be serving a mission. I have had many moments this week as Sister Hansen and I have taught together. I feel so blessed to be able to preach this gospel. Being a missionary is seriosuly the most exhausting thing I have ever done in my life. Some days I wonder how I will even make it through the day. But I have also never experienced a greater joy. There is a peace I feel in my life that I have never felt before. I will be eternally grateful for this time I have spent serving God's children. 


I love you all! Hope you have an amazing week!

Our first sunday together!!!!
Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment