Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Week 33

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!! Easter in Germany is kind of a big deal and the Friday and Monday after Easter are big holidays. Pretty much everything is closed and no one works. Pretty sweet! Our Easter was really good here in Feucht. Sister Diethelm gave a talk in sacrament meeting and Elder Strong and I did a musical number. Good times.... Maybe I sang a song in English and no one really understood it haha! my bad.....

Playing board games last pday!
After church a member made the elders and us lunch. We sat outside and just as we finished eating it started to pour. Good timing. We grabbed everything and ran inside as quickly as we could. I think I came home from church with like 5 chocolate bunnies. Seriously, the members here are so nice!
 
Sitting on the couch waiting for the moving van......
This week Sister Diethelm and I became the "Keeks and Diets moving company." We maybe did a lot of physical labor and maybe I can't walk normal haha! We helped weed a couple member's gardens. Let's just say....I hate spiders......but it was really fun and I love it when members actually allow us to serve them. We also helped move some things from a member's trailer up to their apartment. Luckily, the elevator was working so we didn't have to carry things up like 5 flights of stairs. The next day we helped with another move. Most of all the things were gone and all that was left was big furniture. Sister Diethelm and I didn't feel too helpful but we tried to do what we could. We ended up giving a Book of Mormon to one of the member's non-member friends who was there helping with the move. So maybe there was a reason we were there :)

Sister Beck and I on our split.
Sister Beck and I were on another split this week while our companions went to MLC in Frankfurt. We stayed here in Feucht and went to our ward's volleyball night. Someone got the ball caught up in the tree and they spent the next hour trying to get it down. Our Bishop had a hammer tied to a rope and was swinging it around. It was really funny. They finally got it down and of course we kept playing haha! 

The ward trying to get the volleyball down from that tree!
I really love serving here in Feucht! The ward is amazing and it really just feels like a big family! Sister Diethelm and I love the young women in our ward. They are so great! We were in Sunday School with them and we were playing charades and all the words were from the life of Christ. Sister Diethelm read the paper and thought it said "Erdbeeren" which means strawberries when actually it said "Erdbeben" which means earthquake. She started acting it out and the teacher was like "What are you doing?!" haha! so funny. I don't think the young women will let her live that one down. 

Sister Diethelm and I on Easter.
I really love this time of the year. I love how we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ during a time of the year when the earth become alive again. It is a great reminder to me that although "Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In thislife or the next, Sunday will come." -Elder Wirthlin

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment