Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 22

This week was very interesting......

I pretty much go on a split every week since my companion is the Sister Training Leader. I actually don't mind it too much and I love spending time with the other sisters. In fact, this week I will be on a split from tuesday to friday with Sister Fowlke my MTC companion. We are both so excited to be able to work together again. I seriously love her!

Sister Miller and I
This week I was also pretty sick. I guess in the middle of the night I was coughing and Sister Miller told me I kept saying things like "Oh no!" and "I am going to die!" haha! So hilarious! I wonder what else I say in my sleep....kind of makes me nervous! Anyways.....So I spent Thursday sleeping. And you would think that having a day to sleep on your mission would be awesome! Yes! but really no because my body would not let me do it! Kind of lame.....but I felt a lot better afterwards. 

And then Sister Miller got sick on Saturday so she slept for about half the day. It was kind of nice to have the morning to myself and I did like 3 hours of personal study! Hollah! But we are both feeling a lot better so no worries! And the elders brought me a jar of nutella to help me feel better. Very wise!

Feucht Missionaries! Elder Wichtermann is from Switzerland and Elder Mayne is from American Fork! Love them!
We taught young women's this week and it was pretty special. The girls wouldn't talk at all! No class participation is hard when you can barely speak the language you are giving the lesson in. But oh well I just kept telling them my life stories in the most horrendous German and if they thought I was crazy they should have spoken up haha! 

We are also preparing for a street display that we are going to have on Valentine's Day. One of the ward members (who reminds me SO much of Jill Dodson) is so excited to help us. She loves going out with the missionaries! 

This weekend we get to go to the Frankfurt temple! Wooo! I am so excited. I haven't gone since I've been in Germany! We are taking a bus with our ward! I am really looking forward to it and it is really what I need right now! 

The elders are obsessed with snow!
One of my favorite parts of the week was when Sister Miller and I went to visit a 93 year old member from our ward. She wanted us to simply sing hymns to her. So Sister Miller and I sang about 5 hymns to her. It was such a peaceful experience and I felt the spirit so strong. It was a moment that reminded me why I am on my mission. It really is the simple things sometimes that make the biggest difference.

I love the scripture in Alma 37:6 that says:

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

Lilli and Phine! They are President's granddaughters and we are teaching Lilli in preparation for her baptism in a few weeks! She just turned 8! They are so precious!
It doens't say that by many great things are great things brought to pass. It is truly the small and simple things that bring about great things in our life. I have truly noticed a difference from just reading in my scriptures everyday. It is such a simple thing to do but it really does make my day GREAT!

I love you all! I hope you had a fantastic week! Miss you dearly!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment