Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 76

I cannot believe that I am writing my last email as a missionary! 

Last pday we went and watched a parade in Düsseldorf! So many drunk people! Sketchy!!!
I never thought that when I made the decision to serve a mission that I was making a decision that would affect the rest of my life. But it was the best decision I have ever made. My mission will forever be a part of me. I will never forget the people I met and served with or the experiences I had. 

Saying goodbye to my favorite Relief Societ President I have ever worked with!
Sister Hassely!
Last transfer call breakfast!
I am excited to see you all again!
Thank you for supporting me the past 18 months!

Maybe Sister Heywood and I had a week of dealing with rude germans....
I abmelded from the country which means I am good to go back to America! Huzzah!
I want to end with sharing my testimony. 

I know that God lives! He is our Heavnely Father and He has a plan for us. I have never felt that so strongly than on my mission. He knows us personally and wants what is best for us. He loves us so much that He sent His son to die for us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Because of Him we cant return to live with our Father in Heaven. He atoned for our sins. We can become perfect in Christ. God speaks to us today. 

We have the Book of Mormon which is the word of God. It contains the fullness of His gospel. Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and through him the Christ's church was restored on this earth. He was and is a prophet called of God. We have a living prophet today and his name is Thomas S. Monson. I know that he is called to lead and guide God's church. 

My mission has changed my life. I can truly say that my weaknesses have become my strengths through the atonement of Christ. I have seen a lot of people change on my mission. But I have seen such an incredible change in myself. I am so grateful to be a member of this church. I have such a strong desire to serve God for the rest of my life. And I know that if we want to experience true, long-lasting happiness we must keep the commandments of God. This gospel is a gospel of happiness and it will continue to bless my life forever! 

My last sunday on the mish!!!
I love you!
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment