Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 74

What a week it has been! 

Sister Heywood and I had 2 splits this week and we did them back to back....probably not the best idea. I first went to Köln with Sister Funk. Köln is so beautiful and I loved spending the day with Sister Funk. 

Split pic with Sister Funk!
Then Sister Heywood and I were back together for 20 min before we split with the Düsseldorf sisters. I was with Sister Wood in Duisburg. She is a little older on her mission so it was fun to talk to her about her past areas. 

Split pic with Sister Wood!
The next day we had zone training in Düsseldorf. Sister Heywood and I did a fun activity. We made everyone a headband that said 'Düsseldorf Defenders' and we talked about how we are on the winning team and we need to DEFEND truth. 

Our district with our headbands :)
District pic
STLs
It was fun! The next day we had zone training in Dortmund! Which was also really good. The stake president came and he said something that really stood out to me. He said that god is not a referree. He is not objective. He is subjective because He loves us. I loved that! By the end of the two days we were kind of meetinged out.

My Dortmund Zone homies
On Saturday, Jang was baptized. He was one of the elder's investigators but I remember when one sunday he just walked into the church and said he was looking for a church. His baptism was awesome! I felt the spirit so strongly! I was just so happy for him! 

Yang's baptism
On Sunday, one of the YSA was set apart as a missionary. After church whoever wants to stay after to be there can. It was so amazing. I feel really blessed to have witnessed two setting aparts right at the end of my mission. It has really reminded me of when I was about to leave for my mission and when I was set apart! Oh boy.....tears......

Delicious crepes from Dortmund!
I am so grateful that I made the decision to serve a mission. My mission will always be a part of my life! I will never forget the people I have met and the experiences I have had. I know this gospel is true with all my heart. I have had the spirit witness it to me too many times to deny it. I am so grateful for my membership in this church. It is something I will treasure forever! 

Street display in Wesel!
I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week! 

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment