Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 61

What a week it has been!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Absolutely nuts!
 
On the bus ride to Frankfurt!
I had a couple days to say goodbyes in Nürnberg. Then on wednesday Sister Wahlquist, Elder Smith, and I made our way to Frankfurt. We had a dinner with all the new missionaries and the trainers and then the trainers had a meeting. Then we got to stay in the hotel that night. 
 
At the pairing meeting....soooo scary!!!
 The next morning we had our pairing meeting. I was paired with Sister Bray. She has been living in Singapore for the last 4 years. She is an opera singer and has the most beautiful soprano voice. We have a lot in common....such as a love for cheetah print. It's great! After we got paired we went to Frankfurt hauptbahnhof and just kind of waited around until everyone left. 
 
Sister Bray and I at Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof.


Then a group of us sisters, who had to stay in Frankfurt because we had MLC the next day, took all of our luggage to the stake center. Of course after the 30 min journey.....I realized that I left one of my suitcases at bahnhof....oops. So two sisters came with me and the zone leaders drove us back to get my suitcase. But we ended up just running errands with the frankfurt zone leaders all day. 
 
Driving around with the Frankfurt zone leaders all day
 Haha.....then we came back and went to the testimony meeting of the leaving missionaries. It was super weird! It is sad when all your mission friends start going home. That night we had 9 sisters sleeping at the Frankfurt sisters apartment. The next day...the Sister Training Leaders went to MLC. That left 5 goldens left alone in Frankfurt. Oh boy....bless their hearts. 
 
All the sisters that stayed in the Frankfurt sisters apartment
MLC was really good. It was great to be taught from President. I feel a little inadequate to be a STL but I am excited for the adventure. 
 
MLC pic...sorry kind of blurry
 We then took a bus from Frankfurt to Düsseldorf. The zone leaders took all of our luggaage to Duisburg in their car and Sister Bray and I went by train to meet the Duisburg elders. They showed us how to get to our apartment. We didn't get home until about midnight. We were just a little tired......ok...exhausted. But we finally made it Duisburg.
 
Finally in Duisburg!!
 I really do love it here!!! Maybe it's true that it is butt ugly but the ward is awesome!!! I am so excited to get to know all the members! Sister Bray and I are still just trying to learn our way around the city. Elder Meinhardt has been awesome and been showing us around. We have a lot of appointments with members this week! Should be good. This ward loves sisters! Thank goodness!!!

Elder Meinhardt and Elder Ward...the Duisburg Elders!!!
Surprisingly.....I have been really at peace since I got here in Duisburg. I know this is where I am supposed to be. I feel really in control emotionally which is surprising me (considering that maybe I had an emotional breakdown in Frankfurt). It reminds me of when I was in the MTC and I just felt really good which didn't make sense to me. I know that the Lord is sustaining me. Even though I have recently a lot of new responsibilities I know that the Lord will help me. I am excited to get work done here! We are going to see miracles in Duisburg!

Outside the church in Duisburg!!
I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment