Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 57

This week was pretty good! And it is starting to look like fall now. And I LOVE fall. It is so pretty in Germany!! I feel so blessed to be able to serve here. What a beautiful time of the year.
Last pday we went to the castle in Nürnberg!
Good times!
We had zone training this week in Bamburg! Bamburg is about a 45 min. train ride from Nürnberg and it is such a pretty city. Zone training was pretty good. Afterwards we did a finidng activity. Sister Ferris and I hit the streets together. We talked to some young people and got a number of a girl who was pretty interested. I love having Sister Ferris around! She is so cool! Plus she fills me in on everyone from Spokane! Love it!

Of course we got some Eis! And yes I have a spider bite on my face. Actually somehow I acquired a total of 7 bug bites on my face this week....classy....
Nürnberg is beautiful!
 Sister Wahlquist and I were also the Birthday committee with the Lindgrens this week. We went with them to tell some members in our ward Happy Brithday! We literally did something with the Lindgrens every day this week and I'm not sorry about it. I love them!! They are the coolest senior couple in the mission! 

We went on a walk with the Lindgrens, Hildigarth, and Filip!!
 We also had a street display this week. There was a BMV display literally RIGHT in front of our display. We can't compete with free pens and mints and legos!! Oh my......kind of a slow street display. But it is still always an adventure to see what crazy people will talk to us.

The ladies at the women's broadcast! Some of my favorite people!!!!
 And of course it was General Conference weekend. We got to watch it all at the church and in english! yay! They also broadcast the women's broadcast. Some members from Feucht were there for that. It was fun to see them!!! 
Eating in between conference sessions!
 On Sunday and member made all the missionaries food for in between the sessions. Soooo much food! Unfortunately I have been sick this weekend with a cold of some sorts. I just coughed and sniffled my way through conference. Made it somewhat difficult to focus because I maybe just wanted to let my head explode from the congestion. But it's all good.
I LOVE conference!!!
Sooooo much cake!!!!!
 I just love how each speaker is so different. There are so many different people watching conference. People who have been members there whole life, maybe recent converts, or even people who aren't members. And yet we all can learn something from conference. That was something that really impressed me as I was watching it this time. Each speaker has a unique style and is able to connect to someone in a way that maybe another speaker could not. Love it!
I hope you all are doing great!!
Love you!
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment