Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 58

This week has been really special. I was pretty sick for the first half of the week and then Natürlich Sister Wahlquist got sick. So we have just been the sicky companionship. Really special....But everyone is getting sick right now. Hard to avoid.

Livin' the life
Last pday we had a sisters pday. We went with Sister Gardner and Sister Ferris to lunch at Vapianos. Delicious! Then we went shopping a little bit and then came back to hang out with the elders at the church. I love sister pdays! That night we taught FHE but I was so congested that I could barely breath. Oh man.....my German sounded so......not German. haha
Sisters pday!!!
My brother went into the MTC this week! Oh my goodness! I have been thinking about hime all week. I literally told everyone I saw on wednesday that my brother went into the MTC. We had district meeting and Elder Boam was like does anyone have any announcements. I was like yes I do.....my brother went into the MTC today!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! I even wore the same shirt that I wore when I went into the MTC in honor of him! 
The day Elder Madsen went into the MTC. notice the shirt.....
We met again this week with our investigator who can only speak greek and turkish. He has ok English but it's not good enough to teach him. So we teach him using google translate. Technology is amazing! He is making so much progress and he plans on being baptized when he returns to Istanbul in December! He came to our ward activity on Friday and a member who served her mission in Greece talked to him in Greek. I was so grateful and he was so happy to be able to speak greek with someone.

We had dinner with Jens and Sabrina on Sunday. They were sealed in the temple last week! Love them!
So yes....we had a ward activity this week. The theme was fall the church was decorated all fall..ish. I loved it! We had three investigators there. Awesome! Bishop taught everyone how to country line dance.....which is funny because he's german. I so wish I could have joined in haha! Let the Americans show them how to country dance haha! Overall it was a really good activity!

Country dancing at the ward activity
Having Chandler enter the MTC has made me think a lot about my time in the MTC. It seems so long ago but also time has gone by so quickly. I feel like I have changed so much since then. I am so excited to see the progress and growth of Elder Madsen! I am so proud of you Chan!!!

Well I hope you all have a great week! Love you!
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment