Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 20

I am currently sitting in an internet cafe in Nurnberg with like 6 other elders typing away. It's hilarious because we are all typing so fast and then every now and then an elder will laugh at something he read and the rest of us just keep going haha! Special....so much typing.....

Well this week has been pretty interesting. After spending only 4 days in my area. I was shipped off to go on a split with Sister Diethelm in Coburg about 2 hours north of Feucht. My comp is a Sister Training Leader and she along with Sister Diethelm's comp and the zone leaders had a meeting in Frankfurt. They also needed to plan for zone training which we had on Friday. So basically I was on a split from Tuesday to Friday. It felt like I spent more time in Coburg than in my actual area. But it was really fun to work with Sister Diethelm. She is Swiss and she is hilarious! 

On my split with Sister Diethelm!
They ride bikes in their area. So that was definitely an adventure for me. I was just flashing the world as I rode the bike. plus I looked so funny with my massive winter coat. My bum was so sore afterwards. Oh boy.....I'm glad we don't ride bikes in Feucht (although we probably should because it takes FOREVER to walk places). 

Yep.....just embarrassing myself riding a bike.....
Once Sister Miller and I were finally back together we took some time to make some new goals and plans for our area. It took a lot of time but I am grateful we did it. We came up with some good ideas on how to work with the ward and other missionaries. 
We were so excited for church because we had 3 investigators that were planning on coming.  But none of them showed up! We were pretty bummed. We had a potluck after church and it was really great to get to know some of the members a little better. I really love the President's children. They are so kind to us! 

Just on a Bahn with Sister Miller
Today for Pday we are gong to check out a Holocaust museum here in Nurnberg. I'm excited to spend the day with my old MTC companion Sister Fowlke! I really love her and it is such a blessing that she is serving in Nurnberg because we get to see each other often.

The view from our balcony!
 I've kind of had a hard time with this transition to a new area and companion. Actually it's been a pretty rough couple of weeks. But I have really been studying lately about how I can really enjoy my mission and to not be so overwhelmed. I was studying and I came across a scripture in Alma 37:45-47 and it says:

45 And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.

46 O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

47 And now, my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell.

I am learning to "look to God and live." I have such a strong desire to really love my mission. I know that I can do this only through the help of my Savior. I need to rely on His grace and Atonement. But I know that He is always there for me. 

Yep, this is our life.....
I am grateful to be a missionary. There is nothing better than seeing the Atonement work in someone's life. Even though this is the hardest thing I have ever done I am learning so much about God's love for His children. 

I hope you are all doing well! I love you!
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment