Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 18

Happy New Year!!!
This year has just started off with a bang for me.

First off, we had Sister Happel with us for the week. She is a member from Darmstadt and is seriously so good at contacting people. That is definitely her strength. She will just walk up and down the trains and practically hand out BoMs. It's crazy! I think in a 1 hour span of time we gave out 13 BoM. And this week it was a total of 28 BoM. Let's just say Sister Kearl and I were exhausted by the end of the week!

Just giving out BoM like no other on the street!
For new years eve we had to be in our apt but 6pm. Which is fine with me because there would probably be tons of drunk people out. There's already so many drunk people all the time that I can't even imagine what it would be like on new year's eve. Drunk people are hilarious though.......anyways..... Sister Kearl, Sister Happel, and I talked about this past year and new goals we wanted to make for the new year. 
I'm excited for what 2014 has in store for me!

We had a sisters Pday with the sisters in our zone! Party!
And then came the crazy! Saturday we had transer calls and guess who is getting tranferred?! Yep....me! Totally caught me off guard but I honestly didn't know what to expect. I am being transferred to an area on the complete opposite side of the mission. It's called Feucht and it is near Nurnberg. I hear it is really beautiful there and the ward I will be serving in is actually where our mission president is from! Fuecht means "moist" in german. I know....gross.....I hate that word! and it also sounds like a cuss word. When I found out where I was going I was like "What the Feucht?!" probaly not very missionary approprriate.....my bad. 

But wait it just gets better......
I am going to be companions with Sister Kearl's trainer. What the?! So strange! My new companion is the Sister Training Leader so I'll be able to get to know a lot of the other sisters in the zone! 

Our last district meeting altogether :(
I don't do very well with change (who really does?!) so when I found out I just cried pretty much all day Saturday. I am so sad to be leaving Sister Kearl! She has seriously been the best trainer I could ever ask for. We were talking and we have spent the last few months 24/7 together and we never once had negative feelings towards each other. We think that's pretty cool! 

My last sunday in Gemeinde Dortmund. So sad....
I'm excited for a new start though! I have no idea what to expect and while that is kind of scary, it can also be exciting. Who knows what experiences I will have in Feucht! Or people I will meet!

The man from our ward took us out to chinese again.....saweet!
Change can be hard but it is definitely needed. I think I was getting a little too comfortable in Dortmund and I think in order to progress and grow as a missionary I needed to be pushed out of my comfort zone. 

He takes all the missionaries from the ward to a chinese buffet every month.
Seriously the sweetest man!
New year, new start, new area.....Feucht (still don't like the name......)
Love you all! Hope you are having a wonderful start to the new year!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment