Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 19

Greetings from Feucht!

I can't believe I made it here! We left our apt in Dortmund at 6:30 am and as I was walking down the stairs of our building, my wheel fell of my luggage. I was like "Really?!" Luckily there were always elders around to help so I just made them drag my suitcase around haha! My MTC comp, Sister Fowlke, was being transferred to an area right next to mine, so we got to talk for like 5 hours! It was really great! What a tender mercy. It kept me from crying (too much) on the bus ride to Feucht! We finally arrived in Feucht around 6pm. It was a long day......

Waiting for the bus!
Feucht couldn't be more different than Dortmund. It is such a small city and the missionary work is moving at such a slower pace. We spend a lot of time traveling and walking. It's crazy! We took a 2 hour bus ride and then about a 45 min walk to meet with some investigators. Plus it is really cold here! Holy cow! I have busted out my huge puffy jacket that is probably a little too big for me. I look like a marshmallow!

On an adventure in the cold with my new comp, Sister Miller!
The ward is tiny and half of it is practically our mission president's children and grandchildren. But they are super friendly! And way into missionary work! The bishop already assigned me to give a talk in sacrament meeting in a couple weeks.

Our ward building in Feucht!
It is really beautiful here. The architecture is so German. 
It just looks like a little German city. I actually feel like I'm in Germany!

Yep......so cool!
...and the inside.....It's a church in Nurnberg.
This transition has been really hard for me. I really miss my old area, ward, companion. But I know that I need change in order to progress. My new companion, Sister Miller, is so loving and patient. She just let me cry on a train for like 30 min. That's fine! I'm definitely learning to rely on the Lord and to be patient with myself while I transition. It was hard to say goodbye but I am looking forward in faith. Sometimes I forget that what God has planned for me is always better than what I planned for myself. I would much rather take what God has in store for me. 

So beautiful here!
I love you all! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment