Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week 13

This past week is just probably one of those weeks
where I would be ok not repeating it......

I don't know if it is the combination of the cold weather and maybe having only 7 hours of daylight but I have been so tired lately. I literally close my eyes and in 1 minute I am completely out! And it happens every where......the trains.......relief society......literally any chair I'm sitting in....Kind of a struggle haha! I have never been so tired in my life!

Anyways......

Christmas in Germany
This week we went to the Christmas markts for Pday. It is insane. We were there on a monday afternoon and there was so many people. There's stands and stands of gifts and food and clothes. It's so beautiful! I love Christmas! I guess Germany is the perfect place to be for Christmas! Suckas!

Christmas Markets.....the tree in Dortmund!
Later this week we had an appt with a new member. She invited us over for the lunch and wanted us to teach her neighbor. It turns out this neighbor is really into like natural healing. We had already been over there for like 2 hours and we were trying to leave (the appt got a little out of hand) and the neighbor lady came and sat by me.

She put her hand on my back to say something and she was like "oh my....I feel an energy blockage." Oh heavens......she was like "Are you homesick?" I was like "no....but I could use a massage." haha! She then proceded to have me do this deep breathing meditation thing. She was like "do you see the light in your heart....now breath out the darkness...just cough it out."
Sister Kearl was just laughing at me the whole time.

Just sipping hot chocolate
Another funny story.....on thanksgiving we had a ward council type meeting with all the missionaries and some of the leaders from the ward. Before the meeting started Elder Weidmann (who doesn't know English) asked us if we ate a "gans" (goose) today and he was trying to act it out with his hands. I had no idea what he was saying and I thought he said "ganz" (which means entire or whole). So I was like "Nein, Wir haben die ganze nutella gegessen." (we ate the whole nutella). The whole ward council started laughing.
I made a room full of germans laugh and it was with a german pun that I didn't even mean to do!

The Dortmund ward has three baptisms this month. Each set of missionaries has a baptism. It is such a blessing. We are planning our baptism for a lady who is going to be rebaptized. She has given up smoking and heroine to join the church again. She is so sweet and gave Sister Kearl and I shoe polish for christmas. haha! I think she noticed that our shoes were getting a little jankety. I am so excited for her to be baptized!

Strangest looking dog at a member's home.....
Looking back, this week was kind of difficult. You have a lot of time to think on your mission and sometimes I think too much.....almost a downward spiral. But if anything I've learned that I can't do this on my own. Who would've thought that I would get up at 6:30 am for 3 months straight? Holy Cow! I am so dang tired but I know that the Lord is sustaining me. I feel so blessed to be able to dedicate this time of my life to the Lord. It can be hard sometimes but I know that I am never alone.

Our thanksgiving day photo :)
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you all!

Love, 
Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment