Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 5

Hello my friends and family!!! 
Another Pday is here! 
Huzzah!

Temple walk on conference Sunday.
Wasn't conference lovely?! 
It was such a nice change of schedule here at the MTC. I wish I could have gone with you all up to Park City to watch it. But I sat in metal chairs for basically 12 hours! Yay! I am going to have one tough booty by the time I get home from my mission. Luckily one of the elders found an old Daily Universe and we did some sudoku puzzles during break. Oh contraband!! 

My favorite talk was by President Uchtdorf and it's not because he's from Fatherland! I like how he said, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith!" What great advice! Some other favorites....President Eyring, Bednar, Holland and of course Oaks (I love the way he speaks and thinks). But can we just talk about the Motab on Sunday morning?! Seriously the best music! The song: O Divine Redeemer (I think?) LOVED it! And the family choir was hilarious. The whole MTC was cracking up when the kids were yawning or looking at the camera. And that fly on that man's nose. I died!!!! I would have opened my mouth and just swallowed it.....
...he had so much self control. 

Me & Sister Alcazar…Highland buddies!
Well I only have one more week here at the MTC! We leave Tuesday morning for Deutschland! I think I'm going to drink a whole bottle of benadryl and try to sleep as much as I can.
Oh sleep sounds so good right now.....

I'm so excited to get to Germany! I can barely put grammatically correct sentences together but I don't even care! I'm just going to smile and wave as soon as I get off that plane. 

Our teachers initiated project "Himmelwoche." So basically since it's our last week they call it heaven week. They had us make a bunch of language goals for our last week and have us step it up. I was like you mean....."Höllewoche" ....hellweek. haha! I think I'm funny.....

Sometimes I make art at dinner time....
I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I leave the MTC. My companions and I are getting so much better at teaching lessons. We'll come out of a lesson and not even know how we said what we said. 
We have been so blessed with learning the language! 

Districts A and B at our temple trip!
Sorry this letter is kind of short this week...we have a lot to do before we leave next week. My companions and I had to make a trip to the DMV today because my one companion needs a licence. It took FOREVER but while we were waiting outside for the shuttle and man walked by and practically threw $5 at Sister Fowlke and he told us to go buy ourselves a drink. haha! We couldn't really accept it but he ran away! haha!
We were like "Well....fast offerings!" Special times....

My friend, Sister Robertson! She left the other day for Taiwan (I think....)
We were in the same freshman ward at BYU. Love her!
I miss you all so much! I can't wait to call you, mom, at the airport!! It will be nice to hear your voice. Thank you, Chandler, for your letter!! I bawled!! I read it to my district and they were like "how old is he?....he is so mature!" Chandler- you are going to be the greatest missionary and such a great friend to your companions! I can't wait to hear where you will serve! I see elders here that are just barely older than you and I just imagine you as a missionary. It melts my heart. 

This is a pic of our whole zone/branch. This is all the German missionaries at the MTC right now. I think it's the smallest group of Germans they've had for a while!
I love my zone!!
Thank you for the letters and packages! It really lifts my spirits! 
I love you! but most importantly the Lord loves you!
-Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment