Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 4

Well another week has FLOWN by!
Oh meine gute! 
We have two weeks until we are shipped off to Germany. I should get my travel plans soon so I'll let you know about that! Everyone in my zone is so nervous to get to Germany but I'm just nervous about packing my luggage!! I have so much stuff! The elders always make fun of me because my carry on weighed 50 lbs! I'm not ashamed.....
I'll probably be sending some things home.....

On the bus on the way to Conference Center!
I'm so happy I got to see you at the Relief Society Broadcast. 
Singing in the conference center as a missionary was a 
once in a life time opportunity. 
My companions and I at the conference center.
It was seriously an amazing experience! Songs take on a new meaning when you are a missionary. During rehearsal that morning I was bawling during the song "I'll go where you want me to go." I was like I need to get a hold of my emotions for the broadcast or I'm going to be a 
blubbering mess on the screen. 
Yep in the choir seats
My favorite part was at the end when they just had the sisters stand there while everyone was getting up to leave. I was just looking around (I couldn't find mom yet) but there were a ton of sisters around me who saw their families and they were crying. I just thought of all of us standing there with our name tags on and our families down there. I thought of the sacrifices all these sisters have made to be on missions and the sacrifices of our families. It was a very humbling experience. Then I decided to look up and to the left. 
And I saw my mom and sister waving their arms like crazy. 
I immediately started crying. 
Oh my goodness! 
I didn't know I had that many tears inside of me. 

I found you!!! L.O.V.E.
I feel so blessed to have an amazing support system at home! And mom, I'm glad you had binoculars! I told my branch that you had binoculars and they died laughing. They think you're hilarious.....especially since you sent me a belly dancing skirt and canned pie filling haha!!! After the broadcast the relief society presidency gave us all a hug. Seriously the nicest ladies! 
I will never forget this experience!

This is me in the choir seats and I'm a missionary.....that's fine!
Other than that...things have pretty much been the same here. We are trying to learn as much german as we can before we leave! Yesterday I was on a roll with the language. I'm really starting to get a feel for how the language should sound. I'm not gonna lie I was dominating in class. My teacher pulled me aside and was like "you are the Deutsch MVP." That was something I really needed to hear that day. It's nice to feel like you're on the right track. Our teachers are so great! I think they're going to miss us when we leave....
...at least we tell them that every day haha! 

Came home one night after a rainy day and my tag was completely upside down!
How did that happen?!
So funny story....yesterday we were teaching our investigator "Olaf" who is one of our teachers. We were just talking about his weekend and he said he went to see the Star Trek movie. We're like "das ist gut" (pretty much how we respond to everything). He said he's a treky (sp?) and it was silent for what seemed like forever and I just lifted my hand and did the "live long and prosper" sign. Our teacher couldn't keep a straight face! He busted up laughing. Oh man funny times.....the problem is sometimes I'm awkward but I don't realize it because I don't feel awkward haha!

Sister Hamner had me put vaseline on my hands and then socks for bed. Never again.....
I can't believe how quickly times goes by! 
I'm so excited to get to Germany and meet the people! 

Sister Briggs (from BYU) and Sister Fowlke and I eating dinner before the broadcast. I spilled ranch on my shirt right before we sang. My life!! and so if you noticed my skirt a little higher than everyone else that's why....
This week we've been studying a lot about receiving revelation and recognizing the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Sometimes I feel like I need to have these big impressions when I'm preparing or teaching a lesson. But that's not how it works. Our teacher gave us some good advice and I feel like it can apply to your lives. When it comes to receiving revelation if it's a good thing "when it's not a 'no' then it's a 'go.'" It's like the idea that every good thought comes from God! We shouldn't spend so much time second guessing ourselves because if it is a good idea or thought then it is from God. It's like that talk from Elder Bednar when he says "just be good boys and good girls and stop worrying about it." As long as we are living righteous lives God won't let us go astray. READ this scripture: D&C 84:88....it's been a great comfort to me these past few days. As mom always says: God has my back. I know that is true and I feel it every day! 

The Girls
I love you all! I miss you dearly! 
Thank you for the letters and the support. 
I hope all is well!
-Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment